Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Monday, May 21, 2012
- Cloud-based dynamic discounting fuels small tech supplier’s growth
One small tech company uses Ariba Network to give cash-rich Fortune 500 customers discounts for early payment of electronic invoices.
- New call center certification targets social media
CIAC certification now includes testing on the use of social media in call centers.
- iWave Software adds quick provisioning to Storage Automator
iWave Software upgrades its Storage Automator software, adding the ability to automatically and quickly provision storage to the correct tier.
- Speakers: There's no U.S. physician shortage, just poor utilization
ACO proponents say the U.S. physician shortage doesn't exist -- it's just a matter of very poor utilization.
- EMC conference opens with VMAX, Data Domain upgrades
On the opening day of EMC World 2012, the storage vendor launched upgrades throughout its storage platform portfolio, led by a new VMAX array.
- Financial firm replicates way to lower recovery time objective
Headlines: Financial services firm overhauls data protection to meet recovery time objectives and recovery point objectives.
- The evolution of data protection strategy in the cloud and BYOD era
Technology law expert Jeffrey Ritter discusses how bring-your-own-device programs, cloud use and vendor relationships should influence your data protection strategy.
- Wysopal on application security training, program gaps
Application security expert Chris Wysopal of Veracode explains why some software security programs are lacking and how simple steps can produce big gains.
- Distributor Condre offers Caringo object storage software; more news
In our channel news roundup, object storage provider Caringo partners with distributor Condre for object storage, Active Archive Alliance launches a VAR certification program, and more news.