Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, May 22, 2012
- Are private data centers an endangered species?
Businesses can save millions by leasing data center space rather than building their own, but some feel private data centers are the best bet.
- Citrix readies CloudPlatform on CloudStack in bid for enterprise cloud
Compatibility with Amazon, a slew of cloud tools and its upcoming CloudPlatform could help virtualization titan Citrix become a serious cloud vendor.
- Mobile cloud: Augmented-reality apps can't rely on any old architecture
If 4G isn't "the next big thing" for mobile operators, then what is? Augmented-reality apps -- and the cloud is the right platform for supporting them.
- Three steps to better line-of-business services delivery
Measure, analyze and standardize for better line-of-business services delivery.
- EMC sees bright future for hybrid SSD, cloud models
When it comes to flash technology and storage clouds, EMC is counting on hybrid SSD and public-private cloud models to shine.
- Public cloud architecture, TwinStrata help one company avoid upgrade
TwinStrata’s CloudArray public cloud architecture helped the Russell Lands development company avoid an expensive storage upgrade.
- Embracing consumerization: An early adopter Q&A
A CIO knew his employees would flock to the iPad, so he wasted no time in supporting it. But he also realized mobile and cloud weren’t a magic pill.