Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, May 24, 2012
- BI, analytics and performance management software sees growth in 2011
Gartner’s 2011 revenue estimates indicate the worldwide BI, analytics and performance management software market experienced another strong year, with figures that look remarkably similar to 2010.
- Google Chrome gets security overhaul, patches 13 bugs
Software giant updates Google Chrome stable channel to v19.0.1084.52 in a security only update.
- How to make cloud attractive? Speed up virtual machine migration
Virtual machine migration across cloud environments requires WAN optimization. Cloud providers can help customers move virtual machines with help from Riverbed & Silver Peak.
- Streaming video services: How YouTube has affected the enterprise
Streaming video services are rising in popularity in the enterprise as employees and users seek to share information visually, both inside and outside the enterprise.
- Intel Cloud SSO lets IT manage SaaS apps
Intel is the latest company to jump into the Identity as a Service space with the launch of Cloud SSO, built on Salesforce.com’s platform.
- Agile development methodologies, transparency pay dividends for NYSE
A chief digital officer's bullishness on agile development methodologies and transparency led to NYSE Euronext's Web success.
- James Whittaker and other test leaders reveal Google’s approach to testing software
Test leaders will benefit by learning the concepts, processes and secrets of success in quality assurance at Google.
- Adapting a Scrum framework in the real world: An interview with Mitch Lacey
In his new book, “The Scrum Field Guide - Practical Advice for Your First Year,” Mitch Lacey describes real world examples of Scrum transition efforts and challenges.
- Marrying Scrum methodology with XP and other advice from Agile expert Mitch Lacey
Author and Agile expert Mitch Lacey discusses his new book, “The Scrum Field Guide - Practical Advice for Your First Year.” Lacey fields questions about mixing Scrum methodology, team size and types of projects that can benefit most from the use of Scrum.
- Long distance vMotion in focus with VCE’s new VPLEX add-on
Long-distance vMotion is a hot topic in theory, but experts say use cases are still relatively limited, even among the large enterprises that can afford it.