Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, May 25, 2012
- Organisational design for analytics function needs governance
Scant are the absolute rules for the organizational design of the analytics function. It can be outsourced or in-house; sit within a business unit or run from the centre. But it needs governance.
- Collaboration technology driven by culture, communication gaps
Industry experts explain how to match collaboration software such as chat, social media and conferencing with the needs of the organization.
- SAS: High-performance analytics frees data scientists to model faster
High-performance analytics on "big data" could aid European companies as they struggle to make headway in the recession, say senior SAS executives. All sectors are turning to big data, they claim.
- CIO role through the lens of MIT: Agile rebel or company dishwasher?
The CIO role was under the microscope at MIT this week. Will CIOs be the standard bearers of the IT revolution or just stuck cleaning up the mess?
- French firm consolidates financial reporting with SAP BPC
Faced with spending an increasing amount of time on financial reporting requirements for its global network, one company has looked to SAP BusinessObjects Planning and Consolidation for help.
- Storage Radio: Cloud, flash open EMC World 2012; more news
Storage Radio: Listen to SearchStorage.com’s coverage of EMC World, including news of the vendor’s hybrid flash and cloud strategies, Data Domain enhancements, and more.
- Btrfs grows up with Linux kernel 3.4
Linux kernel 3.4's changes to the btrfs file system and new tools may spur some to update servers without waiting for Linux to play catch-up.
- P2P encryption for mobile is not an technology endorsement, says PCI Council
The PCI Council will continue to issue recommendations for mobile payment security, according to Bob Russo, general manager of the PCI SSC.
- Box gives IT admins enterprise mobile management features
Box suffered downtime this week but forged ahead with its enterprise market strategy with security and mobile device management features for IT administrators.
- Is Dell eyeing Quest Software following its Wyse acquisition?
Dell may acquire Quest Software to expand its desktop virtualisation offerings and gain Quest’s customers. Experts wonder if there is too much product overlap for such a deal to make sense.
- EMC conference opens with VMax, Data Domain upgrades
Headlines: On the opening day of EMC World 2012, the storage vendor launched upgrades throughout its storage platform portfolio, led by a new VMAX array.