Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, June 7, 2012
- Oracle rebrands Oracle Cloud, offers few details
Oracle Cloud, first announced last fall, will include more than 100 applications, the company said this week, but the availability date and cost are still up in the air.
- New cloud analytics and BI services to use big data
New cloud analytics and business intelligence (BI) services can help businesses better manage big data and cloud applications, according to cloud expert Jeff Kaplan.
- eHarmony resets account credentials following LinkedIn password leak
Dating site eHarmony said it is resetting a “small fraction” of accounts after it discovered user passwords among those posted to a Russian hacking website.
- HP attempts to boost cloud cred with Converged Cloud updates
Server giant HP wants potential customers to take its cloud offerings seriously, so it will roll out updates to the Converged Cloud portfolio.
- Midmarket options, SaaS making manufacturing BI on a budget possible
Many manufacturers shy away from investing in business intelligence software because of the expense. But manufacturing BI doesn’t have to be expensive, and it can drive real bottom-line benefits.
- Islands want clouds: Overcoming remote cloud-user concerns
Geographically remote businesses face difficulty in leveraging cloud. Cloud providers, with the help of carriers and VARs, can bring remote cloud services to remote users.
- Dell adds ‘big data’ connector to Boomi cloud integration platform
The new version of cloud integration software offers Hadoop connectors, increased security and new regression testing capabilities.
- Microsoft launches support for Linux on Windows Azure
Microsoft’s cloud platform Windows Azure now supports Linux-based operating systems and languages such as Python and PHP. It includes IaaS capabilities to build hybrid cloud.
- RedHat delivers CloudForms to a crowded cloud management platform market
RedHat has made its open hybrid cloud platform, CloudForms, generally available after one year of beta testing. But some experts think it isn’t unique enough to stand out in a crowded market.
- BI and analytics: Hard to foster or find a home for
How should a BI and analytics practice be structured --and should IT be involved? Read our rundown of a recent Boston talkfest on the topic.
- June 2012 Patch Tuesday: Microsoft to fix Windows, Internet Explorer flaws
Microsoft’s June Patch Tuesday includes seven bulletins, three critical, affecting Windows, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Dynamics.
- As demand matures, new cloud apps call for new orchestration layer
As more customers migrated business applications into the cloud, IT provider CSC had to upgrade its legacy orchestration layer to handle complex provisioning needs.
- LinkedIn alerts authorities, Facebook notifies potential password victims
Law enforcement join LinkedIn in its probe into how 6.5 million passwords were posted to a hacker forum this week. Meanwhile, Facebook reaches out to potential victims.