Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, June 8, 2012
- SaaS ERP: A guide to major vendors
SaaS ERP is a developing market within technology that offers users lots of options. This guide sorts out the complicated landscape.
- Bugs steeply delay Eveready Industries’ Oracle E-Business upgrade
Eveready Industries’ upgrade of Oracle E-Business suite is stuck due to the vendor’s inability to fix bugs for last one year. Here are the details.
- Virtualization at a “freemium” and other potent quotables
Veeam has new “freemium” software, VMware patched a hole in its vFabric, and Oracle Cloud doesn’t play well with others. Read what people about this week in virtualization.
- ONC ponders voluntary, certified health information exchange
A new trusted health information exchange certification program is underway in ONC advisory committees. Here's what you need to know.
- How to change your password after the LinkedIn hack
After the LinkedIn hack, here's what you need to do to ensure you and your users are safe from password-hacking programs.
- Consumerization Quotes: A 'bizarre' week for Google vs. Microsoft
Google Docs and Microsoft Office made headlines as the battle over mobile and cloud productivity apps raged this week, spurring lots of interesting comments.
- Arbor Networks warns of IP-Killer, MP-DDoser DDoS tool
Arbor Networks researchers found robust capabilities in the MP-DDoser/IP-Killer tool used to conduct powerful distributed denial-of-service attacks.
- Oracle and Salesforce make play for social CRM platforms
The CRM heavyweights bought up a handful of social CRM start ups this month and it should convince CRM buyers to invest in the technology themselves, analysts said.
- Asking the right questions can ensure cloud computing data security
When moving data to the cloud, you're still responsible for adhering to regulations. Proper planning can ensure cloud computing data security is not an oxymoron at your company.
- New MetricStream, RSA tools target regulatory compliance management
Our latest compliance product roundup spotlights regulatory compliance management solutions recently released by MetricStream and RSA Security Management.
- In the rush to mobile IT, 'access is not a panacea'
The hype is deafening. Then comes a quiet recital of stats from the frontlines and it's clear: Mobile IT is born. CIOs' only choice is to nurture it.
- Money, money, money: Six takes on SAP Financials
From the use of automation to an obscure billing application, here’s a rundown of SearchSAP.com’s top stories on managing SAP financials and accounting.
- Adobe Flash Player security update fixes flaws, issues Firefox shield
Adobe repaired seven dangerous vulnerabilities in its latest Flash Player update and added sandboxing protection for Firefox and Mac users.
- Storage Radio podcast: HP StoreOnce Catalyst, NetApp Flash Pools
This week on Storage Radio, we tackle the release of HP StoreOnce Catalyst along with the rest of the week’s news headlines and product announcements.