Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
- Will Amazon’s outage cause would-be cloud adopters to run screaming?
Amazon's outage affected an unknown number of cloud customers that rely on AWS to run their businesses. Are they angry enough to quit or just fearful?
- Google detects 9,500 new malicious websites daily
Malicious sites discovered via Google’s Safe Browsing effort include compromised websites and others designed for malware distribution or phishing.
- Will new Microsoft tablets scratch the Surface of what IT needs?
As Microsoft takes aim at the iPad with its new Surface tablets, IT wonders if its price tag and management features will make for a good fit in the business world.
- Gartner: Web app firewalls can support secure application development
Web app firewalls can’t erase the need for secure application development, but Gartner says WAF patching may have a growing role in the enterprise.
- VMware admins advised to apply patches to ESX, ESXi quickly
IT pros are urged to install security patches that VMware has released to address critical vulnerabilities in virtualisation products such as ESX, ESXi, Fusion and Workstation.
- NetApp takes virtual storage appliance approach with Data Ontap Edge
NetApp gets into virtual storage appliance market with Data Ontap Edge software, which lets remote offices connect to NetApp data center storage.
- Software as a Service: A video guide
Software as a Service is the leading form of cloud computing. Cloud U expert Jeff Kaplan takes viewers into the world of SaaS, explaining its origins, economics and effect on the IT landscape.
- Cloud outage fears slow global cloud adoption, survey says
Cloud outage and cloud performance concerns are hindering global adoption, says recent Alcatel-Lucent study. Customers demand transparency, clear SLAs.