Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Monday, June 25, 2012
- Partner role shifts: Selling enterprise cloud and managed services
As enterprises increasingly demand cloud services, solution providers are seeking ways to become resellers of cloud and managed services.
- Are scare tactics deterring you from putting data in the cloud?
Cloud adopters see the Patriot Act as a data governance concern, but some legal experts claim it's just a selling point for non-U.S. cloud providers.
- Corporate performance management helps turn crisis into opportunity
Driven to the forefront by the Great Recession, CPM tools are fast evolving to take advantage of 'big data,' social media and mobile.
- Technology trends 101: Consumerization, big data, social collaboration, gamification
Technology trends and challenges are top of mind for IT pros trying to understand consumerization and social collaboration, plus new terms such as gamification and big data.
- Microsoft RemoteFX improvements require Windows upgrades
The next version of RemoteFX offers the improvements that Microsoft remote desktop customers requested, but don't get too excited: It won't work with Windows 7.
- Partners assist in overcoming remote network access complexities
Increased complexities abound with summer remote network access, as employees travel and use various devices; yet proper solutions and partners can help overcome issues.
- NetApp takes virtual storage appliance approach with Data Ontap Edge
Headlines: NetApp gets into virtual storage appliance market with Data Ontap Edge software, which lets remote offices connect to NetApp data center storage.
- Coke bottler turns to advisory panel for SAP mobile direction
The nation’s largest Coke bottler is developing and refining its mobile strategy with new initiatives, from a mobile advisory board to a program it says identifies “mobile moments.”
- Governing the risk management and compliance evolution
Analyst Chris McClean discusses the chief compliance officer's role as risk management and compliance are increasingly tied to business success.
- Software-defined networking is not OpenFlow, companies proclaim
Software-defined networking (SDN) and OpenFlow are no longer synonymous. Now vendors are taking individual approaches to SDN using other methods. What does this mean for OpenFlow?
- Microsoft buys Yammer, solidifies SharePoint enterprise social chops
Microsoft’s purchase of Yammer gives products like SharePoint enterprise social media capabilities that customers have requested and purchased from ISVs, industry watchers say.
- Agile, cloud and DevOps targets for HP ALM suite updates
Tools like HP ALM, HP Performance Center and Git aid QA and development teams in producing quality software on a continuous basis.
- Oracle ties social, CRM, analytics products to customer experience
Oracle is bringing together its many social, analytic and CRM acquisitions under a new customer experience management product strategy.
- Carbonite, Rhapsody, Activision choose data center colocation
Three household names that chose a data center colocation facility offer advice on how to select a colocation provider.
- Avoiding consumer testing: Why mobile performance testing is critical
Analysts discuss how mobile is changing the demands made on software teams and how to avoid consumer testing.