Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, June 29, 2012
- Correlation, not causation: Retiring baby boomers and innovation
Is it true that retiring baby boomers are driving new innovations in technology, or is it just a case of correlation, not causation?
- ARM servers, system on a chip promise efficiency for hyperscale data centers
Though the ARM server market is still small, Red Hat's Fedora for ARM project sees a future in high-density data centers.
- Microsoft vs. Apple: Under the Surface
The Microsoft vs. Apple saga continues with Surface, but enterprise domination is out of their hands.
- Storage Radio: FalconStor settles for $5.8M in bribery scandal
Storage Radio covers this week’s top storage news: FalconStor settles JP Morgan bribery case with $5.8 million, Dell talks Fluid Cache and SSD strategies, and more.
- Can't afford BI? Try the BI analytics tools in everyday software
Experts say much of what is called analytics and BI can be done by using everyday software in an analytical way.
- Brace your wide area network (WAN) for application-layer issues
In this Q&A, 'Computer Networks' book co-author talks about the application-layer issues that are affecting today's wide area networks (WANs).
- Quotes, insights and anecdotes from the 2012 Red Hat Summit
Couldn’t make it to this year’s Red Hat Summit and JBoss World? We hit the high points with quotes and insight from the event.
- What iPhone skeptics said five years ago
On the fifth anniversary of the iPhone’s release, we look back at what some skeptics had to say about the seminal device. Believe it or not, the iPhone’s success wasn’t a given.
- With Plexxi's SDN strategy, why bother with network fabric?
The Plexxi SDN strategy uses optical interconnects to link Ethernet switches and a controller with open APIs that enhance application performance far beyond network fabrics.
- Partners evolve to become cloud services resellers and MSPs
Mobility, cloud and managed services are forcing partners to become cloud services resellers and MSPs, expanding their offerings and providing value-added products to customers.
- Businesses begin transition from defining 'big data' to analyzing it
"Big data" is still going strong, but conversations about it have changed compared to a year ago as businesses focus less on what it is and more on what to do with all the data they're collecting.
- Overheard at the Red Hat Summit: Nyancat and the cloud
Attendees at the 2012 Red Hat Summit brought many different perspectives. Here are a few witty quotes to get you thinking.