Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Monday, July 9, 2012
- Competitors, observers sound off on Microsoft-Yammer and SharePoint
Industry watchers and competitors see Microsoft’s purchase of Yammer as meaning everything from validating their approaches to enterprise social collaboration to helping SharePoint play catch-up.
- Report: Self-service BI software empowers users, takes pressure off IT
What are the must-have capabilities for self-service BI platforms? And what vendors are providing those functions? A new Forrester Wave report gives its take.
- NetApp founder Hitz talks clustering, convergence strategy
Headlines: NetApp founder and executive vice president Dave Hitz discusses the NetApp strategy toward technologies such as primary dedupe, clustering, converged infrastructure and virtual servers.
- General Parallel File System, DataDirect storage powers NCSA’s iForge
IBM General Parallel File System (GPFS) and DataDirect Networks disk arrays power NCSA’s iForge HPC service for private sector industry partners.
- Cost cutting and tsunamis stunt UC market communication innovations
Held back by cautious vendors and deep recession, enterprise telephony isn’t likely to heat up soon. Find out where change will come from.
- Time and attendance hardware evolving to meet self-service needs
New mobile and biometric technologies are transforming the familiar old punch clock into a platform employees can use themselves.
- Word on the street: Mobile device management is dead
Companies with SAP mobile deployments should look beyond mere mobile device management to enterprise mobility management (EMM) platforms that integrate a range of functions.
- Thoughts on managing messaging middleware
Dell is set to buy Quest Software for $2.4 B. Among Quest tools is message queuing management software. This “middleware minder” meets a growing need.