Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, July 18, 2012
- Microsoft’s cloud-based Office 2013 won't hit GA with Windows 8
This isn't your father’s Office suite; Microsoft Office 2013 includes social collaboration and cloud integration features, but it may not be available this year.
- Black Hat 2012: Windows 8 security features beat buffer overflow attacks
Researchers have explored the updated Windows 8 memory protection security features and will present their findings at Black Hat 2012.
- Fibre Channel over Ethernet face-off: Ready to use or unreliable?
Stuart Miniman and Stephen Foskett take opposing views on Fibre Channel over Ethernet. Is the FCoE standard ready to use or not yet reliable? You decide.
- Black Hat 2012: Speakers trending more than session topics
Black Hat 2012 insider Jennifer Jabbusch Minella analyzes the session lineup for the annual security research conference.
- Black Hat 2012: Social engineering training benefits IT teams, end users
James Philput of Information Assurance Professionals will explain how social engineering training can instill security awareness into end users.
- Ten must-see Black Hat 2012 sessions
Insider Jennifer Jabbusch Minella ranks the top 10 Black Hat 2012 sessions on the conference agenda.
- Mainframe strategy: Invest in and repurpose mainframe computers
An enterprise operations expert explains why his company is sticking to its mainframe strategy and how mainframes are shifting with business needs.
- Azure partners must differentiate as Microsoft white-labels cloud
Microsoft's move to white-label Windows Azure means Azure partners must differentiate with services built on Microsoft Service Management Portal.
- Attackers dropping Mahdi spyware on oil facilities, embassies, say researchers
The Mahdi Trojan contains a keylogger that can record a victim's keystrokes and upload the data to a remote server.
- Smart BPO and IT outsourcing strategy improves the whole business
With a smart IT outsourcing strategy and creative BPO, CIOs can improve the whole business.
- Cisco 802.11ac gigabit wireless LAN available early next year
Cisco 802.11ac technology will be available early next year as a radio module on the Aironet 3600 access point, making gigabit wireless LAN feasible.