Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, July 26, 2012
- Six ways to embrace IT consumerization
For consumerization to succeed, IT and end users must have a less adversarial relationship. IT pros share their tips for empowering users and increasing their business value.
- Four trends reshaping corporate IT departments
Corporate IT departments are morphing at warp speed -- or they'd better be. CEB's Andrew Horne explains.
- Cisco layoffs cause high anxiety
One year after 10,000 Cisco layoffs, the company has let go another 1,300 employees, and sources say there are only more cuts to come.
- Adapting corporate IT roles to enterprise use of cloud and BYOD
In this second of a two-part discussion of the four forces reshaping corporate IT roles, Andrew Horne addresses the impact of cloud and BYOD.
- Black Hat 2012: On-stage NFC hack highlights NFC security issues
Researcher Charlie Miller says Near Field Communication or NFC security issues open a huge attack surface on smartphones.
- The NBA drafts SAP HANA for stats-hungry fans
The CIO of the National Basketball Association explains why the league is now running the statistics portion of its website on HANA, SAP's in-memory platform.
- New Cirro suite promises 'big data' management for business users
Cirro Inc.'s new software suite aims to bring "big data" management to the masses. Plus, get more data management news from around the Web.
- Survey: IT consumerization alive and well, but security lacking
Despite an IT consumerization influx, some organizations leave something to be desired when it comes to mobile device security, our survey found.
- Black Hat 2012: Poor mobile app security drains enterprise data
Mobile apps collect a myriad of data sources from contacts to location information and could also be accessing sensitive enterprise data.
- Black Hat 2012: Apple tech talk a missed opportunity, researchers say
Thursday's Apple tech talk marked its first public discussion about iOS security, but only covered what security researchers already know.
- IDC: Warranty transaction management tools mature but underused
PTC and SAP are the top warranty transaction management software vendors, according to a new IDC Manufacturing Insights report.
- Black Hat 2012: David Litchfield slams Oracle database indexing
At Black Hat 2012, longtime Oracle thorn David Litchfield presents working exploits targeting Oracle database indexing vulnerabilities.