Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, July 27, 2012
- CIO leadership tips from Batman, Spider-Man and the Avengers
With great power comes great responsibility. Brush up on these CIO leadership tips from Batman, Spider-Man and the Avengers.
- VA kicks Project ECHO telemedicine service into high gear
The Department of Veterans Affairs launches a large telemedicine service pilot connecting remote vets with VA physician specialists in Cleveland.
- Riverbed, Juniper form application delivery partnership
Riverbed and Juniper's new technology partnership expands Riverbed's mobile WAN optimization reach and gives Juniper application delivery technology.
- Providers offer differing views on EHR adoption trends
Two surveys have come to different conclusions about physicians' thoughts on the benefits and usefulness of EHR systems. Experts discuss the meaning of the findings.
- Talent management software in demand despite integration issues
IDC study finds SuccessFactors, Taleo already among leaders before high-profile acquisitions by SAP and Oracle.
- The 'losing battle' of fighting consumerization: BriForum 2012 quotes
BriForum 2012 speakers share their advice on adopting consumer technology, migrating to Windows 8 and more in this edition of Consumerization Quotes.
- VMware-Nicira acquisition: Is Cisco in trouble?
The VMware-Nicira acquisition signals that software defined networking is here to stay, but what does it mean for Cisco and other hardware vendors?
- Reactions to VMware’s billion-dollar acquisition and vSphere 5.1
VMware has the virtualization world – skeptics and hopefuls alike – buzzing with news of potential platform-agnostic support and vSphere 5.1 features.
- Apple's AuthenTec purchase may pave way for iOS biometrics
In addition to fingerprint technology, AuthenTec provides mobile security software licenses. One of its customers is Samsung, a main rival of Apple's.