Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, July 31, 2012
- Oracle's Xsigo I/O virtualization buy concerns customers
Concerns for Xsigo customers in the wake of Oracle’s I/O virtualization purchase run from interoperability to integration.
- BIDMC official shares lessons learned following data breach
A data breach at Boston's Beth Israel medical center had a relatively small impact, but highlights some big security issues, CIO John Halamka says.
- Service providers eager to buy into SDN market
New research shows that 80% of service providers are looking at OpenFlow and SDN. Enterprises are sure to follow.
- Olympic Games bring mobile device security concerns to forefront
Enterprises must have a strong mobile and BYOD policy in place as mobile device security concerns loom large.
- Approaches to SAP mobility vary significantly at SAP shops
Take a look behind the walls of three very different companies that have reached various levels of maturity with SAP mobile applications.
- Embrace, don’t fear, new data center technology
New data center technology that disrupts the status quo can be unsettling. But embracing change makes yourself more marketable and can improve efficiency.
- Five reasons Exchange shops delay Office 365 migrations
Microsoft claims the majority of its Exchange customers are considering Office 365. But IT pros have reservations about whether it's the right move.
- Black Hat 2012: Pepper Flash sandbox bolsters Google Chrome security
Researchers from IBM's X-Force Advanced Research Team demonstrated how an attacker could escape a Flash sandbox implementation at Black Hat.