Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, August 1, 2012
- Lack of cloud standards and interoperability hinders cloud adoption
IT uses private cloud services to overcome data centre space and energy issues, but poor cloud standards and interoperability lower cloud quality.
- HP goes live with Cloud Object Storage to challenge Amazon
HP Cloud Object Storage, aimed at service providers, comes out of beta and goes into GA; HP's cloud uses OpenStack object storage and Akamai for CDN.
- Cloud disaster recovery services: Customers want 'DR as a Service'
Customers look to cloud disaster recovery services for business continuity. Providers must offer reliable backup, stronger service-level agreements.
- Q&A: Developing your business continuity and disaster recovery plan
In this Q&A, consultant and auditor Paul Kirvan discusses what you need to consider when developing a business continuity and disaster recovery plan.
- Dropbox to implement two-factor authentication after security breach
Investigators believe some of the Web-based storage service's accounts were compromised following a password breach at another website.
- Scope of Dropbox security breach is undetermined
Dropbox spokesman says investigation is ongoing after attackers gained access to an employee account leaking user email addresses.