Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, August 7, 2012
- Wikipedia goes dark after cables are cut
Wikipedia was dark again on Monday, but not intentionally, out of protest, as it has been in the past
- New technologies, clearer roadmaps benefiting SAP SCM customers
The SAP supply chain management roadmap has long been a source of confusion for users. Now SAP has begun to clarify its SCM roadmap for customers.
- Will BMC buy Puppet Labs for DevOps?
Puppet Labs and Opscode are tightly associated with the DevOps movement, and BMC is shopping for DevOps tools. A BMC-Puppet acquisition is possible.
- Third-party Android markets host bulk of mobile malware, says F-Secure
The most serious Android mobile malware uses SMS premium messages to make cybercriminals money, a tried and true attack method.
- Data science master’s programme to launch at Dundee University in 2013
University of Dundee is addressing the data science skills gap with a new data science master’s programme.
- Layer 4-7 cloud networking still scarce in IaaS market
While many cloud providers offer some Layer 4-7 services to customers, enterprises need more freedom in how they deploy cloud networking services.
- Experts discuss the ups and downs of implementing mobile health systems
The mobile health world continues to develop at a rapid pace. Experts talk about the best new options and how to have a successful IT project.
- Shaping the new CIO role with a tough new curriculum
A group of CIOs plans to transform the CIO role with a fund and a curriculum dedicated to turning new IT leaders into "CEOs of the IT department."
- Virident FlashMax II MLC PCIe flash card hits 2.2 TB
Virident Systems releases 2.2 TB FlashMax II PCIe solid-state card with up to 2.2 TB capacity; the Virident FlashMax set to compete with Fusion-io.