Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, August 8, 2012
- IT jobs caught in the middle of IT transformation
The one undeniable fact of IT transformation is the inevitable loss of IT jobs, for both buyers and sellers. Why CIOs still have time to fix things.
- A storage strategy built with virtualization in mind
Virtualization calls for a shift in storage strategy. Here's a rundown of the pros and cons of three primary approaches for virtualized environments.
- BMC expands DevOps portfolio with release automation buy
BMC has made another DevOps play with the acquisition of VaraLogix, a closed-source provider of application release automation software.
- With cloud computing SLAs, odds favor the house
Cloud SLAs and performance credits sound great, but the fine print shows service-level agreements are mostly window dressing.
- Multilingual applications keep social from getting lost in translation
Igloo announces multilingual application support in its social software, boosting social collaboration for global enterprises.
- HIE regulations may not be necessary, panel says
Future meaningful use rules may take a hands-off approach to HIE regulations, as policymakers see the industry moving in this direction on its own.
- VMware pros expect Log Insight to bolster vCenter Operations
VMware hasn’t disclosed what it’s going to do with Log Insight, but IT pros hope to see it integrated in the vCenter Operations management suite.