Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, August 9, 2012
- Nexsan announces support for Unitrends backup, DR virtual appliance
Nexsan announced this week that its data storage systems will now support Unitrends' Enterprise Backup virtual backup and disaster recovery appliance.
- Rackspace OpenStack: Customers want build-your-own-cloud options
Rackspace OpenStack cloud announcement grants users freedom to deploy a public, private or hybrid cloud model with the OpenStack provider of their choice.
- Gauss toolkit used in nation-state-sponsored cyberattacks, Kaspersky says
Kaspersky Lab has exposed a new cyberespionage toolkit it says is used in nation-state-sponsored attacks targeting people in the Middle East.
- London’s authority gets Olympic class disaster recovery systems
In time for the Olympics, the Greater London Authority has ditched tape and deployed disk-based disaster recovery systems to reduce restores from three days to four hours.
- Solving application performance management with Extrahop
ERP SaaS company Concur deployed network-based application performance management from Extrahop to optimize its application architecture.
- Riverbed adds inbound QoS to help enterprises prioritize bandwidth
Riverbed introduces inbound QoS capabilities to help enterprises prioritize bandwidth for UC and cloud-based applications.
- Gartner: Social media revenue soaring despite moderate user increase
IT analyst firm Gartner predicts social media companies will take in nearly $17 billion in revenue this year.
- Tilon financial malware targets banks via MitB attack, Trusteer finds
Tilon is related to the Silon malware detected in 2009. It uses a man-in-the-browser attack to capture form submissions and steal credentials.
- Five critical vulnerabilities expected in August 2012 Patch Tuesday
Microsoft said it would address ten vulnerabilities in the August 2012 Patch Tuesday, including flaws in Internet Explorer.
- Strong passwords are no use against social-engineering iHack
CIOs try to stop hackers through security best practices such as two-factor authentication, but social engineering fueled a massive iHack.
- VMware and Hyper-V management tools generate buzz for different reasons
VMware and Hyper-V management tools top the news for very different reasons. While a VMware acquisition could bolster vCOps, new Hyper-V features won't be available until System Center 2012 SP1.