Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, August 14, 2012
- Mobile device security policies should be revisited and revised often
A survey by SearchSecurity.com shows that 64% of companies have a written mobile device security policy.
- To get value from 'big data,' two leading roles must share the stage
When 'big data' rolled into town, data management received top billing. Experts now say another player should share the spotlight: analytics.
- In assessing supplier risk, how far down the chain should CIOs go?
To ensure business continuity and mitigate supplier risk, CIOs need to take a closer look at second- and third-tier suppliers. It won't be easy.
- What is old is new again with social collaboration tools
Social collaboration tools aren't new, but new technology can make 'groupware' work this time if CIOs keep their eye on a few key steps.
- University networks go back to school with better bandwidth control
Bandwidth control and prioritization will be critical to university IT departments as they prepare for students' return.
- August 2012 Patch Tuesday fixes flaw being actively targeted by attackers
A dangerous flaw in Windows Common Controls affects multiple systems and software, including Office, SQL Server and Visual Basic 6.0 Runtime.