Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, August 15, 2012
- HP adds multi-tenant private cloud networking and virtual switching
HP's new EVI Layer 2 data center interconnect and MDC in-switch multi-tenancy boosts private cloud networking and virtual switching abilities.
- A pulse check on enterprise cloud computing's net effect on IT jobs
As companies shift to enterprise cloud computing solutions the need for cloud-specific IT skills is growing. But what's the net effect on job count?
- Nine Microsoft patch bulletins issued, contains fixes for IE and Exchange
Microsoft patches addressed vulnerabilities across its Internet Explorer, Exchange and Office applications this Patch Tuesday.
- Adobe patches Flash Player vulnerability being actively targeted
Security researchers have detected attacks targeting users of Internet Explorer with a Flash file embedded in a Microsoft Word document.
- VMware VDI shops may sidestep XenApp with PCoIP for Microsoft RDS
VMware View shops that use Microsoft RDSH but don't need all the XenApp bells and whistles can bypass Citrix and use RDS via PCoIP instead.
- SanDisk releases FlashSoft flash caching software for vSphere
SanDisk Corp. released its FlashSoft flash caching software for VMware vSphere that accelerates application performance.
- Cloud failure testing tool protects against outages
Netflix releases the first of an 'army' of test tools meant to proactively break your cloud before an outage does.
- SAP Rapid Deployment software a mixed bag, according to experts
Quicker deployment and fixed cost are among the many advantages of SAP Rapid Deployment software, according to experts. But some say the news isn't all good.
- Virtualisation, backup and recovery tool helps firm beat data woes
Virtualising IT was only half a battle won for an advertising agency. Selecting an apt data backup and recovery tool to optimise its virtual infrastructure was equally important.
- BYOD gaining ground as employees increasingly need mobile access
More than half of businesses are using BYOD, and nearly three-quarters believe the benefits of mobility outweigh the risks, according to a new survey.
- Oracle Exadata flaws include unpredictability, lack of documentation
Most Oracle consultants who have played with Exadata have been thoroughly impressed. But users beware: There are some flaws.
- Microsoft Lync Online rides coattails of Office 365 adoption
Microsoft's cloud-based Lync Online is attractive to SMBs, less glitchy and saves customers money over other unified communications options.