Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, August 22, 2012
- Virtual network services: Streamlining hypervisor WAN optimization
Silver Peak Agility streamlines deployment of virtual network services by integrating WAN optimization into virtualization management consoles.
- Quest vRanger gets physical with backups, restores
Quest vRanger 6 to offer virtual machine backup and physical backup in one product.
- Microsoft Windows 8 licensing changes aim to simplify, but miss target
Microsoft's attempt to simplify the language of the Windows 8 licensing contract causes confusion in some circles.
- Corporate performance management tools tackle 'last mile of finance'
Gartner says CPM software vendors are adding specialized reconciliation and disclosure features to help optimize the financial close process.
- What's a wallet-less future got to do with enterprise computing?
A wallet-less world puts every customer on the A list. CIOs need to figure out how to do that in the realm of enterprise computing.
- Gamification key to launching new FedEx social collaboration platform
FedEx is banking on gamification to motivate its 300,000 employees to share knowledge on its new social collaboration platform.
- Partners get trained in data center virtualization to boost sales
Vendors are offering partners data center virtualization training to get them up to speed on helping customers transition to a virtual data center.
- Data center monitoring: Backbone to the cloud service-level agreement
Cloud data center monitoring is the foundation of a cloud service-level agreement. VMware acquires Log Insight for data center monitoring.
- Mobile business intelligence and collaboration: Natural partners in an unnatural world
Mobile BI and collaboration tools are natural partners, but supporting that kind of an environment may require more philosophy than technology.
- From vRAM to vCloud, VMware is the talk of the town
From the death of vRAM to VMware’s cloud eval service, everyone in the virtualization community has something to say. Read their two cents here.
- Emergency Adobe update APSB12-19 addresses more Flash Player flaws
Adobe has released updates for six critical vulnerabilities, following a patch just one week ago that addressed other critical flaws.