Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, August 29, 2012
- Apple users granted greater mobility with Bonjour gateway
Wireless vendors are offering Bonjour gateway to help Apple customers support and manage the Bonjour protocol across their corporate network.
- The future of email: Collaboration experts on new social media tools
Enterprise collaboration experts give their opinion on the future of email and email management in the face of new social media tools.
- Nine things you need to know about SAP mobile device management
Want to learn how to get your SAP mobile device management program up and running? Here are nine articles that are sure to help.
- Hosted vs. multi-tenant UCaaS: What are enterprises receiving?
As multi-tenant and hosted UC models emerge, enterprises must read between the lines to select the right service delivery model for UCaaS.
- Improved Shylock Trojan targets banking users
The latest variant of the banking Trojan is causing numerous problems, Symantec said.
- VMware Horizon Suite expected to trump VDI for mobile app delivery
VDI offers a way to deliver apps to tablets, but VMware's Horizon Suite may become a better alternative.
- IBM's zEnterprise mainframe forecast: Cloudy with a chance of flash
Through improved processing speed and reduced costs, IBM's new zEnterprise mainframe hopes to turn hybrid cloud customers' heads.
- Sustaining WLAN performance for video traffic explosion
Mobile video streaming can disrupt WLAN performance, so engineers are re-architecting networks and taking precautions to handle video traffic.
- Java sandboxing could thwart attacks, but design may be impossible
Basic Java sandboxing has been around since 1995, but flaws in the Java virtual machine are highly targeted. Experts are calling on Oracle to do more.
- VMware Horizon Suite to bundle end-user computing tools
VMware's Horizon Suite will bundle its Horizon Application Manager, Project Octopus and Horizon Mobile products, but IT pros will have to wait until next year to see it in action.
- New Gartner report dissects the hype around big data technologies
A new Gartner hype cycle breaks down the big data market into 47 separate technologies, with many clumped along the "peak of inflated expectations."