Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, August 30, 2012
- FedRAMP certification eases government customers into the cloud
Although smaller government agencies are shying away from the cloud, FedRAMP certification for cloud providers may sway more government customers.
- Four big cloud providers respond to four big cloud computing questions
Execs from cloud providers Microsoft, Amazon, Rackspace and Salesforce speak on top customer questions: security, outages, SLAs and data ownership.
- The POTUS demonstrates business transparency through social media
When President Obama asked Reddit users to ask him anything, he gave CIOs a lesson in business transparency.
- IBM sees social business play in Kenexa talent management software
With a planned $1.3 billion acquisition, IBM cannonballs into a growing SaaS HR segment already roiled by SAP and Oracle moves.
- Free PICK chart templates: Organize ideas for IT and the business
Use these free PICK chart templates as a resource to help IT and the business organize ideas and prioritize IT projects.
- VMware vSphere 5.1 updates include web client, disaster recovery
Many IT pros commended the technical improvements in vSphere 5.1, saying they were just as important as the move away from vRAM licensing.
- Consumerization tidbits from VMworld 2012
Read what incoming VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger and others had to say about the consumerization of IT at this year's show.
- Oracle issues Java security update fixing dangerous zero-day vulnerabilities
The latest update fixes widely exploited zero-day vulnerabilities. Metasploit manager praises company for fast turnaround.