Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, September 5, 2012
- Broadcom Trident II enables distributed core in data center networks
With Broadcom's new Trident II chip, vendors can build smaller, power-efficient distributed core switches for data center networks.
- McAfee sees continued rise in Android malware
Nearly all new mobile malware was directed at the Android platform in the second quarter of 2012, according to the latest McAfee threat report.
- VoltDB, Actuate team up to offer speedy 'big data' management
VoltDB and Actuate have partnered to offer rapid-fire 'big data' management, plus more data management technology news from around the Web.
- In building a mobile enterprise, CIOs are looking for trouble
Building the mobile enterprise is a tornado of conflicting demands and obscure interdependencies. Luckily, CIOs are programmed to sniff out trouble.
- Four big cloud providers respond to four big cloud computing questions
Execs from cloud providers Microsoft, Amazon, Rackspace and Salesforce speak on top customer questions: security, outages, SLAs and data ownership.
- Global enterprise taps AppNeta's PathView Cloud for VoIP monitoring
Herman Miller, an interior furnishings company, selected PathView Cloud from AppNeta for VoIP monitoring across its 100 global locations.
- Enterprise social networks have endless possibilities, despite hurdles
You can use enterprise social networks in all sorts of creative ways, but getting them to work with existing systems is easier said than done.
- Advanced analytics helps US Open build online sweet spot
Advanced analytics play a key role in combining entertainment, sports and business at the US Open.
- Low-power server market awaits 64-bit ARM chips and ARM-based servers
ARM-based servers march onward toward data center markets with support from Hewlett-Packard and Dell, but not as much support from Intel.
- Cloud service providers push data ownership, lukewarm on SLAs
Cloud service provider execs from Microsoft, Amazon.com, Rackspace and Salesforce.com take on the intricacies of SLAs and data ownership.
- New Pushdo variant floods legitimate websites to camouflage requests
Latest Pushdo downloader infects victim's machines with the Cutwail spam botnet, spreading phishing emails, banking Trojans and other spam messages.