Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, September 6, 2012
- Data ethics: Author warns of ethical pitfalls of data collection
Heedless data collection in business analytics programmes is breeding moral hazards, according to author Frank Buytendijk.
- VMware joins OpenStack Foundation for greater cloud interoperability
VMware announces decision to join OpenStack Foundation for open source cloud computing, and to grow Nicira acquisition.
- Cancer research group endorses Backup Exec 2012 upgrade
The Backup Exec 2012 upgrade made for a lot of unhappy customers, but the Gynecological Oncology Group's IT team found the new interface a snap.
- Security firm warns of Android mobile toll fraud in latest mobile malware report
As many as six million people have encountered malware during the last 12 months, according to mobile security firm Lookout.
- VMware vRAM still in place for VSPPs
VMware vRAM isn't quite dead yet. The pricing and licensing model lives on for public cloud service providers who build their offerings on vSphere.
- Survey finds doctors want to dig deeper with health data analysis
While many health care providers currently use health data analysis tools, few use them for predictive functions.
- From the Editors: Open source SharePoint 2010 collaboration savings
SharePoint 2010 collaboration is helped by open source add-ons for groups with tight budgets, use a farm to backup data and tune SQL Server throughput.
- Construction supplier finds answers, hurdles in SAP mobile projects
A construction supplier ran into many issues when it launched two SAP mobility projects via the Sybase Unwired Platform. Here's what it learned.
- The social networking revolution will go only as far as the people
The social networking revolution is upon us, but will it change business for the better? It will go only as far as the people participating in it.
- New VXLAN gateways integrate virtual and physical networking features
VXLAN gateway demos at VMworld revealed why a network overlay cannot operate in a vacuum from the underlying physical network.
- New Gartner Magic Quadrant finds demand rising for data quality tools
Organizations are using data quality tools to support a growing range of use cases, according to a new Gartner Magic Quadrant report.