Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, September 11, 2012
- Will Windows 8 downgrade rights cure IT's paranoia?
Windows 8 downgrade rights will let IT revert to Windows 7 on new PCs. They may get some buyers off the fence, but others don't see the point.
- For Target, retailer's risk management program hinged on executive buy-in
To get executive buy-in, the retailer's risk management program architect had to define success and make sure everyone could speak the same language.
- GoDaddy back online, affirms no data comprised
GoDaddy CEO Scott Wagner said the disruption was caused by an internal network glitch.
- Digital media strategy tops CIOs priorities
CIOs say digital media strategy leads business innovation and competitive advantage project initiatives, according to Harvey Nash CIO 2012 survey.
- Manufacturing cloud computing implementation rates vary across industries
Manufacturers are historically slow to adopt new business technologies, but some are embracing cloud computing implementation more than others.
- RSA key length change should be priority in September 2012 Patch Tuesday
Two important bulletins were issued in Microsoft's September 2012 Patch Tuesday.