Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, September 13, 2012
- Cisco UC licensing clears app-based UC visibility for the enterprise
Enterprises want flexible, yet simplified unified communications licensing options, and Cisco UC licensing now includes software-only UC models.
- Gartner Magic Quadrant: Mobile, social trends alter WCM market
The new Gartner Magic Quadrant for Web content management adds Acquia, points to needs of social media and interoperability as altering WCM market.
- VSphere incompatible with View and other virtualization complaints
Twitter seems to be the IT admin’s venue of choice to vent virtualization frustrations about everything from vSphere and VMware View to Windows VMs.
- The power of social networks and Generation Facebook strategies
The rise of Generation Facebook means that new rules must be applied to managing and empowering employees via social networks; here are a few to start.
- The cloud brings SMB disaster recovery within reach
Cloud providers can help SMB disaster recovery as a service; backup services bundling cloud services grow as attractive option for smaller businesses.
- New Brocade VDX chassis adds scale to data center fabric
With a new Brocade VDX chassis, enterprises can build larger Layer 2 data center fabrics with the company's TRILL-based Virtual Cluster Switching.
- Acronis buys GroupLogic, targets mobile device backup
Acronis acquires file access, sharing, collaboration and syncing software provider GroupLogic to move into mobile device backup.
- Experts: Federal records management initiative step in right direction
Directives under a new federal records management initiative have the potential to vastly improve information governance in the public sector.
- New Cisco ASA clustering feature enables 320 Gbps firewall
Cisco has enhanced its data center security story with a new Cisco ASA clustering feature for 320 Gbps firewall capacity and a new virtual firewall.
- Dreamforce 2012 expected to focus on cloud marketing and sales issues
Dreamforce 2012 is expected to draw 70,000 people and will highlight Salesforce.com's cloud-based sales, services and marketing products.
- Cloud capacity planning gets more flexible with new Amazon marketplace
IT shops can buy and sell unused Amazon reserved instances through a new marketplace, which should make cloud capacity planning less cut and dry.
- PCI Council issues mobile application rules for software developers
Guidelines, aimed at developers and device manufacturers, support the need for more secure development practices for mobile payment acceptance.
- KEYW inks deal to acquire SIEM technology supplier Sensage
KEYW says Sensage will help it develop its cyber response platform.