Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, September 14, 2012
- Dynamic Markets: CFOs see worth in data on balance sheet
About 20% of UK companies are assigning a financial value to their data, according to research sponsored by SAS. But only 16% of UK companies have a formal data management strategy.
- The data wars are just beginning
In the coming data wars, many companies will be left out in the cold, and big data analytics won't be their biggest problem.
- Put down that PowerPoint, level up security training with gamification
Data security lessons putting folks to sleep? Gamification romps to the rescue -- HIPAA heroes in its wake! This and more in the SearchCIO.com Searchlight.
- Researchers begin analyzing Black Hole exploit kit revisions
A new URL generation algorithm and domain obfuscation are among the new features designed to trip up malware analysis and avoid detection.
- Changing virtualisation management strategy yields results for LSE
LSE had all the principles of a good IT strategy -- data centre consolidation and virtualisation. But without the correct virtualisation management tool, the project was doomed.
- No vSphere 5.1 support for VMware View is no problem -- for now
This week's vSphere 5.1 release lacks VMware View support. Users and partners seem OK with it, as long as support gets added soon.
- iPhone 5 networking features a blessing and a curse for IT
The iPhone 5's LTE and 5 GHz wireless support will boost employee productivity, but you'll have to keep an extra-close eye on cellular data usage.
- Microsoft disrupts Nitol botnet, outs hidden PC malware
The Nitol botnet controlled more than 500 strains of embedded malware that Microsoft says has been plaguing the PC supply chain.