Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Monday, September 17, 2012
- BSIMM study expands scope, identifies new software security activities
BSIMM4 found some firms actively scanning for malicious code from rogue developers. Crisis simulation scenarios improve product security response.
- ThreadFix: Open source defect management tool speeds security vulnerability fixes
Security and development teams can share a common defect management tool with ThreadFix, Denim Group's new open source security tool.
- HGST prepares helium-based hard drives, EMC still leads storage market; more news
News briefs: Western Digital’s Hitachi Global Storage Technologies (HGST) intends to ship its first 3.5-inch, helium-based hard disk drive in 2013.
- Malwarebytes Enterprise Edition debuts with features designed for the SMB
The popularity of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for consumers paved the way for a business version
- New zero-day vulnerability targets Internet Explorer users
Researchers say attackers have exploited the flaw and recommend switching browsers until there's a fix.
- Enterprise skepticism remains despite cloud benefits, growth
Some companies are convinced that virtualization suffices, or that clouds aren’t secure. That may not be true -- and it may cost them in the long run.