Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, September 18, 2012
- Microsoft cloud partners see increase in Office 365 customers
Solutions providers report an increase in Office 365 customers, especially SMBs looking to avoid infrastructure maintenance and other costs.
- Why cloud service providers also should be security coaches
Cloud service providers can serve their customers better by coaching them through gray areas of security and compliance.
- System Center 2012 SP1 eventually lets IT manage Windows Server 2012
IT pros itching to manage Windows Server 2012 with System Center 2012 can see the light at the end of the tunnel, but will still have to wait a bit.
- Oracle on Itanium customers breathe sigh of relief
IT pros running Oracle on Itanium are happy Oracle will now support software on Itanium, but a crucial decision still awaits them down the road.
- New Panasas ActiveStor HPC storage system mixes SSDs with SATA drives
Panasas adds SSDs for metadata and small files to its ActiveStor 14 HPC storage system, and relies on hard drives for big data applications.
- Alaskan firm relies on alternative data centers in the 'lower 48'
Alaskan-based Afognak Native Corp.'s DR plan includes an alternative data center, failover sites in other states to protect against natural threats.
- Women in technology: Why women communicate differently from men
An advocate of women in technology explores whether men and women are intrinsically different when it comes to IT aptitude.
- WITI founder talks about women CIOs and the art of negotiation
WITI founder Carolyn Leighton discusses the art of negotiation, women CIOs and why money talks.
- SEC fines NYSE $5 million in compliance settlement
The New York Stock Exchange has agreed to a $5 million compliance settlement in response to SEC charges of improper distribution of market data.
- New Cisco solutions help customers maintain secure data centers
Cisco's new data center security solutions offer partners the opportunity to help customers maintain a secure data center and prevent threats.
- Saleforce.com pushes for 'connected apps' at Dreamforce 2012
Salesforce.com made a push for connected apps while addressing its AppExchange partners today at the Dreamforce conference.
- Microsoft plans to release fix for IE zero-day vulnerability
Software giant says it will release the fix soon even though it has seen few attempts to exploit the flaw.