Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, September 19, 2012
- Are your health care social media policies ready for a HIPAA audit?
Emerging health care social media practices need to stand the test of a potential HIPAA audit. Here's some best practice advice.
- From the Editors: No magic to effective WCM; just careful planning
For Web content management deployments to be effective, they require careful planning and implementation for greater ROI and targeted user experience.
- IT evaluates options as Google Apps Internet Explorer 8 support ends
Google says older browsers don't have the chops to support Google Apps anymore. IE8 and Windows XP shops should prepare to choose a new browser or OS.
- The data wars are just beginning
In the coming data wars, many companies will be left out in the cold, and big data analytics won't be their only problem.
- Cloud-based storage, replete with pros and cons, gaining traction
Cost savings, security assurances, ease of use and consumerization all have a hand in growing popularity of cloud-based storage.
- Expert advice on what every enterprise app store needs, including MAM
Mobility expert J Schwan breaks down the basics of an enterprise app store and explains why CIOs need mobile application management, or MAM.
- Cloud file sharing: Secure enough for the CIA, secure enough for you?
Two U.S. government agencies will adopt cloud file sharing and collaboration services. Security concerns? What security concerns?
- What's trending inside the firewall? IBM Connections adds internal social analytics
IBM updates IBM Connections with internal social analytics capabilities, allowing enterprises to monitor trends in staff communication, collaboration.
- Lean but agile BI, data warehousing turn IT engineering into craftsmanship
Agile BI and data warehousing begins with an assumption so big, it could derail the process. But a TDWI keynote speaker may have a solution.
- Little being done to prevent Web application threats, analysts say
Vulnerabilities in HTML 5 make it an emerging threat; however, SQL injection and XSS remain among the top attacks.
- Firms failing at mobile application development security, study finds
Security is failing to gain a priority in the rush to build and test mobile applications, according to a study by Capgemini.
- Go Daddy outage highlights need for network segmentation, visibility
Recent Go Daddy outage highlights need for network monitoring and segmentation to cut down risk of large-scale network outages.