Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, September 20, 2012
- Should open source cloud platforms play nicely with Amazon?
Open source cloud platforms have been touted as alternatives to the proprietary AWS, but users want interoperability between open clouds and Amazon.
- PHD Virtual revamps partner program
PHD Virtual has rebranded its VAR program and introduced a new reseller portal, with centralized access to all sales and training materials.
- Microsoft to issue emergency Internet Explorer update Friday
A temporary automated fix plugging the dangerous flaw is available until an official patch is released.
- Arrow ECS adds MozyPro to its ArrowSphere cloud aggregation platform; more news
MozyPro backup has been added to Arrow ECS' cloud aggregation lineup; plus, Ovum report shows big revenue bump in the IT services industry in Q2.
- 'Big data' analytics Software as a Service crowdsources cloud management
Early adopters of big data analytics Software as a Service like how it aggregates data to help them troubleshoot complex systems management problems.
- Cisco Nexus 3548 and Arista 7150: Duelling ultra-low-latency switches
With the Nexus 3548 and the Arista 7150, Cisco and Arista each offer an ultra-low-latency switch with deep features and functionality.
- Saleforce brings 'gamification' to the office with Work.com
Salesforce.com's Work.com release seeks to increase collaboration and improve performance in the office through "gamification."
- Salesforce unveils a slew of social products at Dreamforce conference
Salesforce.com officials at Dreamforce 2012 unveiled several new cloud products aimed at bringing social media-style collaboration to the workplace.
- The 2013 IT Leadership Awards: Secrets to writing a winning nomination
Winning awards often comes down to writing a captivating nomination. Here's what the judges are looking for in our sites' 2013 IT Leadership Awards.
- Salesforce CEO Benioff responds to burning questions at Dreamforce
Salesforce.com CEO Marc Benioff spoke to an audience for 3 hours at Dreamforce. Then the audience got to ask questions.