Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, September 21, 2012
- Cloud backup provider Zetta.net lowers barriers to entry
Zetta.net has revamped its partner program with a much lower minimum capacity requirement, multi-tenant partner portal and deal registration.
- 'Big data' analytics brings home the bacon (and makes it sizzle)
This week, SearchCIO.com Searchlight brings a bounty of bits on "big data" analytics, bulging budgets and blocking blowhard buddies.
- Heroku makes play for enterprise, adds Java
Heroku took a firm step into the enterprise this week by announcing support for Java.
- Oracle Database 12c to be announced at OpenWorld
The first major upgrade to Oracle's flagship database product in three years will include features around the cloud, tuning and automation.
- Microsoft issues emergency security update for Internet Explorer
Microsoft issued an out-of-band security bulletin, addressing a zero-day vulnerability and four other flaws in Internet Explorer.
- VMware Horizon Mobile for Android inches closer to reality
After four years in the making, it looks like VMware will finally bring mobile virtualization to market. The rest of Horizon Suite will take longer.
- SaaS data integration brings cost gotchas to cloud shops
On-premise and cloud data integration can carry unexpected costs, but some IT pros have found tools to help work through this and other problems.
- Salesforce.com tackles social marketing with Marketing Cloud
Salesforce.com is getting into the marketing technology business with its latest release, Marketing Cloud.
- ESET calls Flashback Trojan threat now 'extinct'
ESET reports on how the Flashback Trojan changed the relationship between Apple and Java.