Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, September 25, 2012
- Data center association AFCOM names Tom Roberts new president
After ten years, Jill Yaoz steps down as data center association AFCOM's president. Tom Roberts, a 30 year data center veteran takes her place.
- With HUS VM, Hitachi takes its unified storage to the enterprise
Hitachi Data Systems rolls out Hitachi Unified Storage VM (HUS VM), taking its multiprotocol storage array to the enterprise.
- Desktop security software gets proactive with application sandboxing
Application sandboxing is nothing new, but experts say Bromium's hardware-based approach offers a novel twist on desktop security software.
- Collaboration during crisis with the Avaya Notification Solution
The new release of the Avaya Notification Solution offers collaboration and communication for crisis management or everyday business continuity scenarios.
- New York Times article on data center power consumption draws ire
The New York Times' article cast data centers as power-hungry behemoths, drawing a stern and swift response from IT pros.
- Targeted attackers often gain upper hand once inside, says Trend Micro
Once inside, skilled attackers can scout for exploitable flaws and set up private communication channels to support cyberespionage campaigns.
- Enterprise social media: Why CIOs are doing it wrong
A Deloitte survey suggests executives and workers hold vastly different opinions on the importance of enterprise social media to corporate culture.
- 'Radical change' in Windows 8 user interface could require training
The new Windows 8 user interface is so different that IT might have to spend significant time and money on training to get employees up to speed.