Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, September 26, 2012
- Digging into VMware networking: vSphere, VXLAN and vCloud Director
VMware wins the SearchNetworking Network Innovation Award for adding new features to its VMware networking portfolio in both vSphere and vCloud Director.
- Research firm discovers new Java sandbox vulnerability
A Java sandbox flaw could allow malicious code to run on any system running Java 5, 6, or 7. Users are advised to disable the Java browser plugin.
- Amazon Glacier will impact cloud archiving
While the penny-a-gig Amazon Glacier service will make an impact on cloud archiving, it may not dominate the market.
- Building an enterprise social network for the 'extended' brain trust
A chief information architect is handed a challenge: build an enterprise social network for the best brains in the world.
- Oracle OpenWorld 2012 preview: Three questions
We asked four well-known Oracle experts three important questions about Oracle OpenWorld 2012, which is coming up next week.
- Fixes from Microsoft and VMware not quite crowd-pleasers
While Microsoft and VMware offer fixes to soothe unhappy users, Red Hat hopes to break into the storage market, and the virtualization industry has plenty to say.
- Silver Peak Systems tweaks replication acceleration, bypassing network
Silver Peak Systems' Velocity lets storage and backup admins connect replication optimization software to storage filers, bypassing IP network.