Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, September 28, 2012
- Going green, seeing red: Data center energy drama heats up the Web
This week the CIO Searchlight shines on data center energy drama, application developer love and yet another take on just what "big data" is.
- Juniper layoffs: Networking vendor cuts 500 jobs
After hinting at restructuring plans during its July earnings call, Juniper acknowledged it will cut 500 jobs.
- VMware makes frenemies at OpenStack, but what's in it for IT?
It all depends on how much code VMware decides to submit to OpenStack, but the alliance could potentially make VM mobility across clouds easier.
- In software defined networks, applications define the network
As software defined networks evolve, it appears applications will control, even define, the network. Welcome to application defined networking.
- Windows Server 2008 support extension gives IT time to catch up
In recognition that server upgrades can be glacially slow, Microsoft extended Windows Server 2008 support as it rolls out the OS' heir apparent.
- Health analytics key to success of accountable care organizations
Accountable care organizations aren't all about information exchange. Health analytics is where the real money is.