Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, October 3, 2012
- In 'big data' visualization, seeing is believing -- but is that good?
To understand "big data," engaging our visual sense is critical; but getting the art and science right in big data visualization is tough.
- Building an enterprise social network for the 'extended' brain trust
A chief information architect is handed a challenge: build an enterprise social network for the best brains in the world.
- File format compatibility issues in the era of consumerization
IT shops will need to consider the impact file format compatibility can have across different devices and applications in the era of consumerization.
- New HP SDN portfolio: Controller, switches and network apps
A new HP OpenFlow controller with northbound APIs and production-ready network applications boosts HP's software defined networking strategy.
- Oracle previews new cloud apps, talks IaaS as cloud pros remain skeptical
Oracle touted its cloud strategy once again at OpenWorld this week, but IT pros remain put off by costs and vendor lock-in.
- SaaS single sign-on opportunities for the channel
Software as a Service single sign-on services can save customers time in administration and productivity. Plus, it improves security.
- A CIO blueprint for cloud migration
Read how University of Nebraska CIO Walter Weir pulled off a massive email cloud migration with relative ease.