Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, October 4, 2012
- Bid old test rules goodbye: New mind-set needed to test mobile apps
Test professionals must move quickly to acquire the new skills and mind-set needed to test mobile apps, said STARWEST 2012 speaker Jonathan Kohl.
- Unitrends aims integrated appliance for backup at SMEs
Unitrends is moving up from SMBs to SMEs with its Recovery-943 integrated appliance for backup, but faces tough competition in a crowded market.
- Why CIOs have problems with cloud computing: Sunk costs in legacy IT
Enterprises fret about security and control in the cloud, but their biggest problems with cloud computing concern sunk costs in legacy IT.
- Is OpenStack cloud computing certification a sign of things to come?
IT admins must roll with the cloud computing tides. Can cloud certifications, such as Rackspace's OpenStack training, help IT pros stay relevant?
- October 2012 Patch Tuesday: One critical bulletin expected
Microsoft's October 2012 Patch Tuesday release, slated for Oct. 9, will address an RSA key-length certificate issue exposed by the Flame malware.
- Ten commandments for software security
Software security expert Gary McGraw provides actionable guidance based on analysis of dozens of software security firms.