Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, October 5, 2012
- Teaching tech may improve a student's life and help the economy too
This week's SearchCIO.com Searchlight illuminates volunteers who are teaching tech, the human face of 'big data' and more.
- Microsoft acquires multifactor authentication vendor PhoneFactor
Microsoft has purchased the multifactor factor authentication platform vendor for an undisclosed amount.
- Cloud applications are the future, but how long will it take?
Cloud applications will be everywhere someday, but new research says there are still a lot of doubters. What's behind this data?
- HR Technology Conference preview: Reality check for social, cloud HR?
The HR tech show may draw the biggest crowd in its 15 years. Four speakers discuss hot topics, key sessions and reasons for the spike in attendance.
- Advice for test managers: How to develop, coach and lead your team
The real job of test managers is to develop, lead and check in with the team continually, management consultant Johanna Rothman says.
- Dell FS8600 adds unified storage for Compellent SAN
Dell FS8600 adds Fluid File System (FluidFS) device that turns the Compellent SAN into unified storage, and prepares to add primary deduplication.
- The future of health data analytics remains up for debate
Coordinated care models will place a premium on extracting meaning from data, but not everyone agrees on the best role for health data analytics.
- Developers show off data analytic tools at Datapalooza
Growing caches of data are enabling developers to create improved data analytic tools. Datapalooza gave programmers a chance to show off these apps.
- Upgrade to Windows 8: Who will make the switch?
As Microsoft gets ready to roll out Windows 8, will IT pros invest the time and money necessary to learn the new interface?