Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, October 11, 2012
- Application vulnerability disclosures rise, Microsoft finds
The Black Hole attack toolkit is fueling many of the exploits targeting the vulnerabilities, according to Microsoft.
- HIPAA-compliant data center: Secure with Business Associate Agreement
Terremark's Dr. Peter Tippett discusses the provider's HIPAA-compliant data centers and its HIPAA Business Associate Agreement for customers.
- VMware users indifferent to vCloud updates, virtual storage plans
VMware vCloud updates, as well as plans for enterprise-wide storage virtualization, have sparked only lukewarm reactions from the IT community.
- ShoreTel phone system eases heavy call volumes for Boston Celtics
The Boston Celtics NBA team has moved to a software-based ShoreTel phone system to better accommodate heavier call volumes, connect two offices.
- AHIMA 2012 buzz: EHR implementation has impact on coding, costs
HHS warning sets coders at AHIMA 2012 on edge and makes them more prone to downcoding, even though EHR implementation helps accuracy.
- A cloud hangs over CIO budgets and tech hiring
CIOs will face more pressure to cut costs, according to the CIO survey from SIM. But the details of CIO budgets and tech hiring are complicated.
- 'Big data' analytics spawns a revolution
'Big data' analytics could fundamentally change how businesses operate, according to a keynote speaker at the SAS Analytics conference.
- The end of offshore outsourcing? CIOs quietly reshoring IT jobs
U.S. manufacturers are making big news by bringing back offshore outsourcing jobs, but CIOs are quietly reshoring IT jobs as well.
- Newcomer Nakivo takes on SMB virtual machine backups, cloud backups
Startup Nakivo builds an app for VM, cloud backups that lets customers replicate data to a secondary site or place backups into the Amazon EC2 cloud.
- Is OpenStack the great cloud hope or just hype?
The OpenStack cloud standard has generated a lot of buzz, but IT pros remain cautious as the OpenStack Summit approaches.
- Red Hat brings Fuse ESB and enterprise middleware into the JBoss fold
Red Hat has announced plans to bring FuseSource enterprise middleware products Fuse ESB and Fuse MQ further into the JBoss middleware fold.