Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
- Yahoo claims second Google executive as COO
Yahoo has appointed Henrique de Castro as COO, just three months after appointing another Google executive, Marissa Mayer, as CEO
- vSphere 5.1 Single Sign-On problems dog VMware shops
VMware customers have encountered numerous problems with vSphere 5.1's Single Sign-On feature, and that's holding some shops back from upgrading.
- Web app design at the core of coding weaknesses, attacks, says expert
When addressing Web application threats and vulnerabilities, security teams need to look out for design flaws, says Mike Shema of Qualys, Inc.
- IT opposes cloud content management, AIIM Industry Watch report says
Cloud content management will become the de facto practice at firms in the next six to eight years despite IT opposition, according to a new report.
- Is the world ready for the Oracle Cloud?
The tech world is intrigued by the new Oracle Cloud, but should you trust Oracle with your data? Lena J. Weiner examines this hot topic.
- Mozy reseller program revamped with MDF, lead sharing for top tier
Mozy is rolling out enhancements to its reseller program, including market development funds and lead sharing for its top-tier partners.
- Zetta adds local option for hybrid cloud backups, DR
Cloud backups vendor Zetta adds hybrid option by supporting local data for quicker restores of recent or large backup sets.
- Office Web Apps becoming more desktop-like
To more closely tie its Office Web Apps to its on-premises Office offerings, Microsoft will provide an update that boosts collaboration and touch.
- Building a bona fide business intelligence platform
How do you launch a BI platform that increases BI experts six-fold? Admit you know less about your data than you think.
- 2013 budget outlook: The two faces of the tech hiring crunch
Two CIOs have different 2013 budget outlooks, but one problem in common: Tech hiring is tough.