Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, October 19, 2012
- Salesforce, Microsoft announce major marketing software deals
Salesforce.com has partnered with 20 vendors to fill out its Marketing Cloud platform, and Microsoft acquired automated marketing vendor MarketingPilot.
- Will CIOs lead or lag in the age of digital disruption?
From Forrester's Digital Disruption Forum, Searchlight looks at disruptive tech news, from Microsoft's tablet launch to 'Newsweek' stopping the presses.
- Object storage system success examined at Storage Networking World
Storage vendors and insiders extol the virtues of using an object storage system, but the technology has yet to catch on big in the enterprise.
- New Gartner Magic Quadrant deems social software arena volatile
Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Social Software reveals a booming market in which vendors have to make some serious contributions to stay in the game.
- Selling video collaboration: Where to start
With millenials in the workplace, video collaboration will be central to unified communications. Partners need to ease customers into the investment.
- Cloud application adoption driven by new wave of SaaS integration
To obtain the true benefits of SaaS apps, IT departments must consider integrating data across apps. It's a process that's getting easier.
- Carbonite acquires Zmanda, boosts SMB, cloud presence
Carbonite acquires SMB cloud backup and open source provider Zmanda to strengthen its position in the SMB enterprise market.
- Microsoft Office 365 sizes don't fit all
Many IT shops continue to bypass Microsoft Office 365 in favor of other vendors, citing a lack of optimized tools and customization capabilities.