Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Monday, October 22, 2012
- HP unveils cloud-based IT service management product Service Anywhere
HP's Service Anywhere joins several other cloud-based ITSM offerings, but questions about total cost of ownership could hamper potential sales.
- Logistics firm switches to hypervisor-based replication
Transfreight changed its data replication product to improve flexibility, going from array-based EMC RecoverPoint to Zerto's hypervisor-based replication.
- Do we really need gigabit wireless for enterprise wireless video?
Swift enterprise video uptake has some companies that have already invested in 802.11n WLAN considering a new investment in 802.11ac gigabit wireless.
- Lack of skilled security pros challenges CISOs to fill specialties
The market for security professionals is hot, but several experts indicate that the talent pool for IT talent with security skills is dwindling.
- Experts review new Windows Server 2012 storage features; more news
News briefs: Storage experts express mixed reviews on features such as dedupe and Storage Spaces in Windows Server 2012; more news.
- Memory-stick makers ready Windows To Go drives for Windows 8 users
Memory sticks with Windows 8 preinstalled could simplify life for mobile users who want to take the OS with them.
- Governance and leadership lessons from a health care CIO
A seasoned CIO acts as the governance and leadership beacon for a statewide health care initiative spanning 12 groups and millions of dollars.