Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, October 24, 2012
- Verizon DBIR: Identify insider threat warning signs, safeguard IP
Trusted insiders often play a role in IP theft, according to a new report. Spot the warning signs and apply the right data protection, say experts.
- In 'big data,' Gartner sees big jobs -- 4.4 million by 2015
The data scientist is a new kid on the block. But driven by 'big data,' the job title could become more common, industry analyst group Gartner says.
- EMC revenue misses mark, blames global IT spending dip
CEO Joe Tucci said EMC revenue missed the company's goals because of 'cautious' spending on IT last quarter.
- Mobile app virtualization eases deployment headaches for IT
Application virtualization has become a useful bridge technology for IT departments trying to enable a mobile workforce.
- SAP announces additional support for Hadoop
SAP announces it is integrating Hadoop with a growing number of SAP analytics and database applications, including SAP HANA, its in-memory database platform.
- Report details insider threats, but enterprises can respond, says expert
Scott Crawford, a research director at Enterprise Management Associates, explains how some enterprises address the risk of a trusted insider turned rogue.
- Catalyst 6500 upgrade: OpenFlow, LISP, next-gen VSS
Cisco will add new services to its Catalyst 6500 campus core switch, including OpenFlow, LISP and maybe fabric extenders.
- IBM executives, customers share 'big data' tips at Information on Demand
An IBM VP and a user from Sprint took to the stage at the vendor's Information on Demand conference to offer advice on how to make sense of big data.