Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, October 25, 2012
- Cisco-Citrix partnership expands cloud orchestration
Cisco and Citrix expand their partnership to include cloud orchestration within CloudStack, Cisco will maintain support for both OpenStack and CloudStack.
- Exploring vertical and niche corporate social networking vendors
Enterprises can get more out of corporate social networking by working with vertically focused and functionally specific vendors.
- Backup Exec upgrade woes still drag Symantec down
Symantec has yet to recover from its Backup Exec upgrade issues, as the product's license revenue continues to fall.
- Paragon Software Group, D-Link, NovaSTOR release SMB-friendly products
Paragon Software Group, D-Link and NovaSTOR announced storage and data protection products for small- and medium-sized businesses this week.
- Microsoft's latest 'bet the farm' operating system wager debuts
Windows 8 will finally launch this week, but whether IT pros embrace it remains to be seen.
- Product Spotlight: IT GRC, security tools for the business
Our latest roundup of IT compliance products features two IT GRC management tools that help businesses evaluate their assets' and programs' security.
- Gartner sees cloud computing, mobile development putting IT on edge
Gartner says cloud computing, mobile devices and other forces mean changes in skills needed for application development.
- The rise of the chief data officer
Whether you do the job yourself or work alongside the person who does it, the one executive role CIOs must be aware of in 2013 is chief data officer.
- Gartner makes predictions on the future of information technology
Gartner analyst David Cappuccio lists top ten trends in the future of information technology.
- Data virtualization plays big in Gartner's future IT trend predictions
Data virtualization is king: Gartner analyst David Cappuccio predicts five big IT trends for the next five years.