Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Monday, October 29, 2012
- Q&A: Windows user group founder talks Windows Server 2012 features
An independent IT expert goes over his favorite features in Windows Server 2012 and explains how they will make life easier for IT pros.
- South Carolina breach affects millions
Millions of Social Security numbers and thousands of credit and debit cards were exposed after an attacker penetrated a state agency server.
- State CISOs cite insufficient funding, lack of skilled IT professionals in survey
The biannual Deloitte-NASCIO survey revealed what state CISOs believe are the top barriers in addressing cybersecurity.
- CommVault offers snapshot technology without full backups
With IntelliSnap Recovery Manager, CommVault makes its array-based snapshot technology available without its full Simpana backup application.
- Howard Schmidt warns private sector of cyberwar impact
Establishing clear rules of engagement, improving public/private sector security collaboration among priorities ahead, former cybersecurity Czar said.
- EMC falls short of sales goals, cites poor economic conditions; more news
EMC cites poor global economic conditions for not reaching its sales goals for the third quarter and lowers sales expectations for the fourth.
- Industry continues hunt for skilled health IT workers
The demand for skilled health IT workers remains high despite initiatives to boost health IT training.
- Network Innovation Award: Aruba ClearPass
With ClearPass, Aruba Networks provides unified access management across wired, wireless and VPNs with centralized policy control for BYOD management.
- CIOs must craft a hiring strategy for the 'perfect storm'
Crafting an IT hiring strategy has rarely been easy. Today, CIOs are facing a confluence of three pressures that make the job even harder.