Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, October 30, 2012
- OpenStack networking: Why should we care?
Lately networking vendors, including Cisco, have been talking OpenStack, but why should networking pros care about an open source cloud platform?
- Riverbed acquires application performance management vendor OpNet
Riverbed's OpNet acquisition deepens its network performance management capabilities and also boosts application management capabilities of ADCs.
- Genomic analysis may personalize care but docs have a lot to learn
The big thinkers of health care believe genomic analysis will personalize care but present reality is not so clear.
- Windows Storage Server 2012 adds enterprise-grade features
Microsoft added enterprise features to Windows Storage Server 2012, but experts say it's unlikely to result in enterprise demand for the OEM product.
- DDoS, SQL injection discussions trending in hacking forums, study finds
Hackers share attack techniques and vulnerability information, shedding light on what threats matter most, according to a new study.
- Cybersecurity legislation mired as executive order looms
Internet Security Alliance President Larry Clinton sees little hope that Congress would act on legislation aimed at bolstering cybersecurity lapses.
- Admins have mixed feelings toward new virtual storage techniques
As new virtual storage techniques and hypervisors with improved storage capabilities hit the market, reaction among admins has been mixed.