Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, October 31, 2012
- Big Data to be Rs 9,510 crore business in APEJ -- IDC
The long hyped technology jargon, Big Data, will be a Rs 9,510.09 crore business in Asia Pacific excluding Japan, according to IDC. Read the full report.
- Governance and leadership lessons from a health care CIO
A seasoned CIO acts as the governance and leadership beacon for a statewide health care initiative spanning 12 groups and millions of dollars.
- Radical change or incremental steps? Digital disruption is both
Digital disruption is associated with speed and surprise. But CIOs need to know that incremental change also has strong disruptive potential.
- The rise of the chief data officer
Whether you do the job yourself or work alongside the person who does it, the one executive role CIOs must be aware of in 2013 is chief data officer.
- HR departments lag in employee engagement strategies, study finds
A majority of human resource departments fall behind in customer experience efforts by not engaging employees, a study found.
- Cloud security, data privacy concerns hinder cloud progress
The widespread notion that public cloud security isn't good enough for the enterprise is unfounded, Deloitte director Chris Weitz says in this Q&A.
- Cisco SBC technology beats Acme Packet as enterprise market leader
Cisco SBC technology leads SBC market, more enterprises are choosing SBC technology from their UC vendor for greater interoperability and lower costs.
- Tech may facilitate it, but patient engagement remains clinician's job
E-Patient Dave: Plenty of IT tools promise improved patient engagement, but doctors still have some heavy lifting if they want to accomplish it.
- Integrating CRM with ERP, social and mobile is the way of the future
Standalone CRM sales are a thing of the past, as businesses demand integrated CRM solutions to maximize sales opportunities.
- IT Leadership Awards move beyond business process improvement
Our IT Leadership Awards look for innovative ideas in business process improvement that answer unspoken organizational needs.
- Microsoft finally phones home its developer tools, but is it too late?
Some say that Microsoft is late in delivering tools for corporate and third-party developers that will produce apps for its recent avalanche of new products. Are it too late?
- Pano Logic goes out of business, forgets to tell customers
Virtual desktop vendor Pano Logic unexpectedly went out of business, leaving users wondering what to do next.