Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, November 1, 2012
- EMC cloud storage services partner program opened to resellers
EMC's Velocity Service Provider program is now open to resellers offering cloud storage services, as well as cloud providers.
- Service providers wooed by cloud opportunity, unsure of starting point
Traditional service providers are enticed by growing cloud opportunity, and are turning to established cloud providers for help entering the market.
- Mobile and cloud create new paradigms, data governance best practices
Cloud computing and mobile-device use have changed how businesses create information. Can they also help develop new data governance best practices?
- IWave Storage Automator app released as a virtual appliance
IWave Storage Automator is now available as a virtual appliance, automating installation of the storage automation application.
- ISACA to revamp IS Audit and Assurance Standards
Risk and compliance knowledge provider ISACA issues an exposure draft of IS audit standards; seeks feedback from Indian technology professionals.
- Mobile BI apps move up the corporate priority list
The growing use of tablet PCs and smartphones is spurring demand for mobile business intelligence capabilities from end users. Are you ready?
- HP StoreVirtual replaces LeftHand, adds StoreEasy NAS
HP's StoreVirtual (previously LeftHand) SAN and StoreEasy NAS lines have been introduced, with FC connectivity and Windows Storage Server 2012.
- Two data center hosting companies, one building and Hurricane Sandy
Updated: Two data center hosting companies make their home in one building in Manhattan, which flooded Sunday.
- Gary McGraw: Proactive defense prudent alternative to cyberwarfare
Software security expert Gary McGraw explains that the U.S. should build proactive defense capabilities rather than pour billions into cyberweapons.
- SAP announces SAP SuccessFactors Jam collaboration platform
The new social collaboration platform combines SAP SuccessFactors Jam and SAP StreamWork, but is more tightly integrated with SAP enterprise software.
- CrowdStrike advocates offensive security, proactive defense approach
Enterprises can disrupt cybercriminals and deter future attacks, explains Dmitri Alperovitch, CTO of CrowdStrike Inc. The approach has its critics.
- Sustainable IT strategy drives socially responsible business practices
As businesses confront a world with rising energy costs and shrinking resources, a sustainable IT strategy can be a key enabler for change.