Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, November 2, 2012
- Hurricane Sandy: Testaments to agile tech in the eye of the storm
This week SearchCIO.com Searchlight looks at agile tech's role in the midst of Hurricane Sandy, from Google's new alerts to the birth of Instacane.
- Apple iOS 6.0.1 update fixes four security holes
iOS platform gets an update to 6.0.1 to fix security and stability problems. WebKit holes and kernel faults list among Apple’s list of patched bugs.
- Geospatial data could transform the way government does business
With the help of geospatial data and visualization techniques, government can make decisions for constituents that are smarter and have more impact.
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM software now includes Yammer and Skype
Microsoft added a new user interface and integrated Skype and Yammer in an update of its Dynamics CRM software.
- ADARA launches SDN technology channel partner program
Partners sell SDN technology through a channel partner program that offers necessary skills to play in the SDN market, but not without challenges.
- Amazon EC2 price cuts signal IaaS land grab
Fierce competition in the IaaS market is good news for customers. Case in point: Amazon's latest 20% price cut on EC2 instances.
- Sonnet upgrades xMac mini Server; Apricorn announces Velocity Solo X2
Sonnet this week announced USB 3.0 compatibility of its xMac mini Server, and Apricorn last week released its Velocity Solo X2 SSD upgrade product.